I think I am learning this new faith of mine:Islam. For me the transition from one faith to another sure has some bumps in the road. Some suggestions for those who are doing the same:
- try to do so it a community of believers who can nurture you. Doing it on your own as I am doing is a very difficult road. I am finding that I have many questions and the Internet is not the best place for answers.
- give your family time to adjust to the changes in you. Don’t expect them to be happy about it over night. Remember they knew you when.
- give yourself time. You don’t have to be perfect over night. I am thankful that Allah is kind and full of mercies.
- dont become a I know it person, seek advice, counsel and want to learn more and more.
- get a mentor: have somebody in your life you can turn to when you have questions or need advice.
For me so far these things are working. For me the hardest part of this walk for me is the isolation from a community that think the same as I do, that could nurture me, being a lone single in small town Canada is hard. Now I am off to Rocks in My Dryer to see what works for other people in their lives.