I have been doing alot of thinking about compassion and kindness lately and making it a goal to be more kind each day. Well so happens that next week is World Kindness Week. So how kind are you? Do you regularly look for ways to serve you fellow human. I really think that we show our love for Allah (God) by how we treat others daily.
So what are some gifts that we can give that wont cost a penny:
- The gift of service-how about volunteering to help someone if even for a few hours.
- The gift of affection-hugs and kisses are free
- The gift of laughter- O to laugh is to know joy!
- The gift of a written note- when was the last time you actually wrote a note!
- The gift of a compliment- a simple one can go a long way
- The Gift of Listening- really listening in a non judgemental way.
- The Gift of Solitude- spend some time in quiet and help others to do the same.
Now if you want to give out of your pocket book that is okay too and there are a ton of great charities that are in real need right now. For me though as a single mom I still think instilling kindness and charity is something I really want to teach my daughter, and really it does go hand in hand with the other side of me that is frugal.