After one says there shadada there is so very much to learn. When you are new to Islam I often wonder if others feel like me, a bit overwhelmed. Here I find myself Muslim for a bit now and find it hard to learn my deen. Because I live in rural Nova Scotia I am at a loss and I have no mentors, no one really teaching me. I must teach myself and figure things out for myself. So how does this sister learn?
1) I am thankful to the wonderful videos on you tube that teach the prayers of Islam, this helps me learn them.
2) I read and read some more, and listen. I find myself online alot reading about Islam from Islamic teachers, and in forums, but then you get so many different takes on what the hadith and Quran are saying.
3) I read the Quran even if it is in English and try and learn more for myself
4) I pray that Allah who put me on this path will guide me.
5) I read several blogs that too share what Muslim life is about.
so even here in rural Canada it is possible to learn my deen it is just harder and you must really work for it.